New series beginning Mother's Day weekend!
Heroic - Winning the Battles that Matter Most
Have you ever known what you needed to do, but couldn't find the strength to do it? Do you ever feel as if you're fighting a battle that nearly impossible to win? Then Gideon is the hero you need to connect with. Come to Journey Church during May & June as Pastor Rob unpacks the story of Gideon from the book of Judges, and learn what it means for God to transform your thoughts and actions from weakness to strength. On the toughest battlefields of your life, learn how to be HEROIC.
Here are the dates & themes for each part of this great story:
- Week 1 (Mother's Day weekend): "Choose your Strong (your secrets)" Judges 6:1-6
- Week 2 (May 14-15): "Prepare Your Victory Speech Now (your words)" Judges 6:11-24
- Week 3 (May 21-22): "Deal with Your Father's Bull (your family)" Judges 6:25-32
- Week 4 (May 28-29): "Two Big Reasons You'll Win (your fears)" Judges 6:33-40
- Week 5 (June 11-12): "Why God Makes You Uncomfortable (your trust) Judges 7:1-8
- Week 6 (Father's Day Weekend): "What Your Enemy Knows - and You Don't (your perspective)" Judges 7:9-15
- Week 7 (June 25 & 26): "Using Your One Big Match (your win)" Judges 7:16-2
Hebrews 11:32-34, "How much more do I need to say? It would take too long to recount the stories of the faith of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, David, Samuel and all the prophets. By faith these people overthrew kingdoms... Their weakness was turned to strength. They became strong in battle and put whole armies to flight."