Last words are important. And the last words of Jesus Christ before He left were repeated several times by His early followers, and it was a simple instruction: "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone." That commission wasn't simply given to His disciples back then, but it is also given to us as His followers now - we are to bring the message of Jesus to as many people in as many places as we can. We are - to quote our church mission - to "Reach God's World" - and we do this primarily by supporting and advancing world missions.
November is missions month at Journey Church - we're calling it #REACH2017, focusing on the task at hand until the whole world hears. Each weekend in November will contain a special message and special event to help guide us to do our part in reaching God's World. Don't miss even one weekend of #REACH2017!
- Week 1 – November 4 & 5 – (TIME CHANGE SUNDAY) - Pastor Rob will kick things off speaking on Until the Whole World Hears. We'll learn what is THE message of the church, and talk about the challenges of bringing that message all over the world. We will also learn about the persecuted church around the world.
- Special Event: On Sunday evening at 6PM, the missions team is hosting a night of prayer for the persecuted church and for Journey's missionaries around the world.
- Week 2 – November 11 & 12 - Craig Alsup with Manna Worldwide will be speaking at Journey Church, promoting Manna’s ministries and bringing a challenging message for greater involvement and reach with world missions.
- Special Event: We will have our 5th Annual Missions Dessert Auction & Fellowship on Sunday evening, Nov 12, at 5PM!
- Week 3 – November 18 & 19 - Our mission's director Lee Thompson will be speaking, sharing his own story and the need for our church to step forward into world missions.
- Special Event: The Warrior Ministry and Mission’s Team will host a Men’s Prayer Breakfast on Saturday morning, Nov 18 from 8:30-10:15. For more information, click here.
You don't want to miss even one weekend in November as we advance in our mission to reach God's world. #REACH2017